In April 2015, the Transportation Fuels division of CSA Group officially opened a high pressure test facility in Langley, British Columbia, Canada.
Located 45 minutes east of the Vancouver International Airport, the facility is capable of performing all high pressure tests required in Hydrogen and CNG component standards.
The remote all-weather site used to perform destructive tests is located less than one hour driving time from the high pressure test facility.
The staff at Transportation Fuels have over 75 years of combined experience in high pressure testing operations involving pressure vessels and associated components.
The senior staff members (Craig Webster and Livio Gambone) are Chairs for various international standards groups, including:
- ISO 11439 for CNG vehicle fuel cylinders (1995 to present)
- Convener of ISO TC 197 WG 5: Hydrogen Refueling Connectors (2002 to present)
- Chair of Canadian Advisory Committee for ISO TC 22/SC 25 WG 1, WG 2, WG 3, JWG 5: Road Vehicles – Natural Gas and Hydrogen Vehicle Components (2010 to present)
- Convener of ISO TC 197 WG 18: Hydrogen Fuel Tanks and TPRDs (2012 to present)
- Technical Program Director for ISO TC 197 - "Hydrogen Technologies" for Components and Vehicular Applications
The senior staff have formerly participated as Chairs to the following groups:
- ISO/TR 15869 for hydrogen vehicle fuel tanks (1998 to 2012)
- Chair of ANSI/CSA NGV 2/HGV 2 Technical Advisory Group for compressed hydrogen and compressed natural gas fuel tanks
- Chair of ANSI/CSA NGV 3.1/HGV 3.1 Technical Advisory Group for compressed hydrogen and compressed natural gas fuel system components
Our specialty test services include:
- Hydrogen gas pressure cycle testing of hydrogen fuel cell vehicle fuel systems, using SAE J2601 fueling protocols.
- Natural gas pressure cycle testing of CNG cylinders and containers
- Extreme temperature hydraulic pressure cycle testing of tanks and containers